Context/Contenido

All the post published on this blog are cases either diagnosed, treated or attended by me, surgeries I performed myself or they are based on my experiences through my years working as a vet. The photos have also be done by me, unless it is told otherwise.
Todas las entradas mostradas en este blog son casos que atendí, cirugías que hice o están basados en mi experiencia de mis años como veterinaria. Las fotos también han sido hechas por mi, a menos que se diga su procedencia.

Sunday 19 August 2012

Spaying a cat (video)

CAUTION: this video contains intense images of a surgical cat spay that may not be suitable for a sensitive person . Viewer discretion is advised.

AVISO: este vídeo contiene imágenes reales de una esterilización que pueden herir la sensibilidad del espectador. El contenido está en inglés.

On this video I explain how is a female cat neutering step by step. A routinary spay normally last from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the skill and the conditions the veterinary surgeon is working in. The case recorded for this post, happens to be a  crossed-persian, female cat in season. Details concerning the operation are either told or subtitled. 

I do inform that the spaying is a bit longer than usual in order to relate each step, so that cat's owner understands what is done within their pets and how is it made. 

For further information visit the recommended links:
Spaying cats 
ASPCA advice

No comments:

Post a Comment